In this new series of articles, we will post solutions to many of the questions raised by Zen Cart Store Owners and we will also be sharing many of our Power Tips.
First up – we see a ton of Zen Cart Stores with this really ugly ‘greeting’:
“Welcome Guest! Would you like to log yourself in?”
Not only do you not see Amazon – the Gold Standard in how a great online shopping experience should be – do this but this is :
- Visually Unappealing
- Meaningless to the customer as he/she will likely not have an account nor want to log in when first arriving at the store
- Just bad e-commerce practice to ‘nag’ your newly arrived customer
Fortunately, the solution is simple – and that’s the beauty of Zen Cart – so many ‘how-tos’ are easily solved –
- Go to your Admin Configuration->Layout Settings
- Click on the ‘i’ action button for Customer Greeting – Show on Index Page
- Change the setting value from ‘1’ (On) to ‘0’ (Off)
Presto – no more Customer Nag!
Stay tuned for our next Zen Cart Tip!
P.S. And if you have a question you would like us to answer, just drop us a Reply below!